Friday, May 10, 2013

Still training...still writing...

I have been so busy lately.  I actually went out and did some yard work the last couple of week!  Exercising and eating right is helping me to be motivated to do more than just sit on the couch.  I have been working on my writing and, being inspired by my sister, I joined the Yahoo! contributors site.  I have a couple of things published and will be adding more soon.  Please stop by my Yahoo! page to see what I have been up to.

I taught a leadership class the other day and I decided to ask a question of the participants.  There are many times that the managers who are attending grumble about having to go to a class. I don't really understand why.  You get paid for a day that you don't have to be working in your store.  You get a free lunch and you learn something about being better at your job.  The answer I got was that they just don't like to sit all day.  I thought it was good that they would rather be working in their restaurants. I made it a point to tell them that they should be happy that they were sent to the class. It is a prerequisite to a promotion and it is for their development.  It was a good class. I felt I built a good rapport with the managers and they interacted and discussed the subjects with the group. I don't think anyone fell asleep!

I continue to read, study and learn and work to be a better trainer.  I hope you do the same!


Training is not a one - time event - it is an ongoing journey...Learn it...Live it...Pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment