Monday, May 27, 2013

ServSafe Food Safety Training

I am teaching ServSafe the next two days. That is one of my favorite parts of my job.  I love the challenge of sharing the information in a way that keeps the participants engaged. If you have ever taught, or attended a food safety class, you know what a challenge that can be.  Managers are not anxious to attend the class because they think it is going to be dry and boring.  It is my goal to entertain them while I help them to retain the information.  After two days of instruction - it is up to them to take the test and, hopefully, pass.  It is always gratifying when managers thank me for helping them to do well on the test.  I always give them the credit - "you are the one who had to remember the material and pass the test" - but they are thankful that I presented the information to them in a way that helped them to learn it.  That is the best part of being a trainer!

After ServSafe...vacation!  I really need to take this time off from work and 'unplug'.

Have a great week!

Training is not a one - time event - it is an ongoing journey...Learn it...Live it...Pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment