Thursday, May 30, 2013

Feeling good about the class

The ServSafe® class went well the last two days.  I had some great feedback from the participants.  Some managers who have taken the class many times said that they really like the format of the class.  I use ServSafe®  videos and PowerPoint® presentation to teach the information.  The participants grumble when I first tell them that they are going to watch videos. The believe that the videos will be boring, but they really seem to retain the information.  I credit the blended learning process:

  • Reading
  • Sharing stories
  • Video
  • PowerPoint
  • Quizzes
  •  Instructor explanation
I also take advantage of the time with our managers to share information that is relative to our specific brands.  When I explain to managers the connection between what they do at work every day and what ServSafe® teaches them to do, they seem to grasp the importance of their everyday tasks.

Scores will be in next week - I hope they all did as well as my last group!



Training is not a one - time event - it is an ongoing journey...Learn it...Live it...Pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment