Saturday, May 11, 2013

Dealing with attitude

I had an experience today that was very annoying.  I went to work with a new employee and encountered an existing employee who has a terrible attitude.  This person just can't take coaching from anyone but her immediate supervisor. I am happy that at least he can talk to her, but it is frustrating to get the eye-rolls and push-back from her.  I feel that she thinks I am picking on her or that I have it in for her. This is not true. I just want her to do her job to the correct standards.  Why is it so difficult for some people to take direction?
I get along great with most people. I can coach, correct and train them and move on.  I have talked one-on-one with this manager and explained that I just want to help her to know where she can improve in her management skills, but it doesn't seem to help.  I don't want to drive her away or make her so mad that she quits, that will make life harder for the other managers.  I also don't want her there just because she is a management body to fill a space.

I suppose this is just a venting post.  Unless someone has some great advice on how to deal with this person. I have tried all of my tricks and nothing is working.


Training is not a one - time event - it is an ongoing journey...Learn it...Live it...Pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment